Poker is a fascinating and easy game that involves gambling, strategy and various other skills. The game has currently hugely popular and available in different variants. If you are aware of the basic poker rules, you can master any of those variants with ease. You can win a poker game using two ways:
- You can either bluff by betting or raising and thereby force the others to fold their own poker hands
- You have the best 5-hand poker hand.
Texas hold’em game:
This is one of the simplest poker games. You can gain all information regarding poker be it latest tournaments, rules or winning tips at Poker for fun. Use the website as your cheat code to win a poker game. Two cards (referred as hole cards) are dealt face down for each player. There are 5 community cards which are dealt face up.
The players use their two cards (one or even none) along with the shared community cards to make any best-five card poker. During the 4 betting rounds, players can bet as much as they want. The tricky part for beginners is many a times, they assume they have a winning poker, but they actually don’t. Before joining a poker game, memorize the hand ranking guide.
- Royal flush: The royal flush cannot be beaten and contains the sequence A-K-Q-J-T of a single suit.
- Four of a Kind: Four cards of the similar value and one side kicker. Example: 8-A-A-A-A
- Full House: Three cards of the same value and a matching pair. Example: Q-Q-Q-10-10
- Flush: 5 cards of the same suit which aren’t sequenced.
- Straight Flush: Any series of five cards from the same suit. Example: 4-5-6-7-8
- Straight: 5 cards from different suits in sequenced.
- Three of a Kind: Three cards of same value and 2 unrelated cards. Example: 8-8-8-J-5
- Two Pair: Two pairs and any unrelated side card. Example: Q-Q-5-5-9
- Pair: A pair of matching cards and 3 unrelated cards. Example: A-A-2-6-9
- High Card: The highest card you have
Tips to win a poker game:
Start with low stakes:
Avoid playing high-stakes before having a thorough understanding of the nuances of the game. Start with low bets to eliminate undue stress and gradually work your way upwards.
Familiarize with the online poker aspects: Online poker has few differences. You’ll have to get used to the time-bank feature where you’ll have a time limit to act on. Check out the layout, betting features, rake-back offers etc.
Play in a distraction-free zone: When you are surrounded by people or television, you tend to get distracted easily which could lead to missing out on game information. Play somewhere you are free from distractions.
Bear these tips in mind before entering the world of online poker. Have fun playing.